The keys to learning hypnosis as an art and practice are taught at the Midwest Hypnotherapy Academy.
The comprehensive, intensive training we offer is truly unique in that you will not only learn and practice technique, leaving your coursework feeling competent and confident, in addition you will learn to unlock the keys to how the human mind works. You will learn the fundamental, undeniable principles behind every human decision, action, and interaction. You will find yourself viewing the world differently, more fully understanding yourself and others, and most importantly, able to change and help others to change.
Our Approach to Training
You will not get lost in a sea of students. You will have dramatically more one on one time with your instructor than a due to our small class sizes. You will have time to work privately with your mentor, so that you can ask any question you need to in safety and comfort and go over the material in the way that suits YOU best, rather than what works for a class full of diverse learning styles.
Here is how this training modality works:
- Each trainer (Cindy Locher / Jody Kimmell) will serve as a Lead Mentor to a limited number of students. Class sizes are generally 6-8 at the most. The training hours are a combination of group classes and individual mentoring opportunities.
- As a group, you will determine some group class meeting times for your entire cadre. In addition to the small group meetings, you will meet individually with your Lead Mentor. Usually done as 30 minute check-ins once every other week or so, to review your practicum and answer questions individually.
- You will receive a set number of hypnotherapy sessions with your Lead Mentor so that you receive “the client experience” as part of your training.
- You will have the opportunity to shadow your Mentor during actual client sessions (301 and up; classroom demonstrations in Level 1).
- Level 1 is generally taught over a 4 to 6 month period.
- 301 is generally taught over a 3 month period.
- 401 may be taught in a more traditional classroom environment; if this is the case, students will be advised ahead of time of class dates and times.
(Note that Basic and Master’s NLP, Parts Therapy, Regression Therapy and other trainings will be offered in a more traditional classroom format.)
We believe the MHA Mentorship training approach is superior to the traditional classroom approach for the following reasons:
- Individual instructional needs can be met more easily, and the training can be customized to how you learn.
- Rather than learning how to succeed in a classroom, you learn how to succeed in a hypnotherapy office.
- The extended length of time given for covering the curriculum instruction, outside work and practicum requirements provides for a deeper integration of the knowledge and skill sets. We find this is superior to covering the material with the shorter timeframe of a week or two of classroom training.
- Lastly, with a smaller cadre of students in this learning framework, there is more flexibility for scheduling that meets everyone’s needs.
Because this training is so much more student/instructor intense in nature, the number of students we can work with at any given time is limited, and therefore we are highly selective in our student selection process. Please submit a Student Application if you are interested in pursuing our training; upon receipt you will be contacted to set up a time for a Student Application Interview. After your interview you will be notified if you are selected to enter our training at this time.
Our Diversified Client Centered Hypnotherapy Training curriculum is written by Roy Hunter based on the teachings of hypnosis legend, Charles Tebbetts.
Courses are broken down as follows:
Level 1: 108 hours of student/instructor interaction; 18 hours practicum sessions; 75 hours of outside class time investment (video, audio and reading assignments). Total time investment of 201 hours.
301: 56 hours of student/instructor interaction; 9 hours of practicum sessions; 43 hours of outside class time investment (video, audio and reading assignments). Total time investment of 108 hours.
(Completion of Level 1 plus 301 provides 164 hours of instructor led training and over 300 hours of total time investment with the independent study hours and qualifies for full membership with the IMDHA (International Medical & Dental Hypnotherapy Association).
401: 56 hours of student/instructor interaction; 9 hours of practicum sessions; 43 hours of outside class time investment (video, audio and reading assignments). Total time investment of 108 hours.
Graduates qualify for membership in the IMDHA (International Medical and Dental Hypnosis Association) after the second level (301). Student IMDHA membership will begin during Level 1, and is included in your Level 1 tuition.
Most importantly you’ll learn by doing. Many courses are merely lecture, with you passively learning. In this course there is as much hands on learning as book learning, which ingrains the process and allows for a much deeper understanding of the material so that when you leave you feel confident taking your skills forward.
You will leave the course with a solid foundation on which to build a new career or expand your current career and the confidence to begin applying all you’ve learned with others.
Follow the links below for more information on our program, and how to apply, or just call Cindy Locher, Academy Director, at 763/218-3231.
About Your Instructor: Cindy Locher, BCH
All courses and instruction is held at our offices, 7600 W. 147th Street, Suite 202, Apple Valley, MN 55124.
Midwest Hypnotherapy Academy is a private career school with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to Minnesota Statutes, sections 141.21 to 141.32. Licensure is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.